Sunday, March 3, 2013

HAPPY BIG LITTLE WEEK ♥

In lieu of Big/Little week either beginning or quickly approaching for many sorority members, it's time to let you in on why this relationship is so great! 

Everyone knows a big and little share a special bond. The big/little relationship is different from all other fraternal affiliations because, unlike the rest of your sisters whom you can easily cut all ties with, the bond between you and your lineage is permanent. For a big, a little is someone who you can mentor. For a little, a big is someone who can guide them through sorority life, and overall college life. A genuine big/little relationship can venture beyond sorority life.

My little (left) and I.
My little. Where do I begin? We met within the first week after rush. Sitting across from each other while out to lunch, I instantly knew she had to be my little! I obtained her number and began planning our next time to get to know one another. Not only was I obsessed with the person I discovered my little to be, I realized how similar to me she was. I couldn't wait to decorate her room during big/little week and 100% spoil her. My little is the person I tell absolutely everything to. She is more than a sister, she's one of my best friends.


Everyone's bonding experience is different, however, it is ultimately always memorable. Getting to know your big and little is one of the most exciting experiences in pledging a sorority. During big/little week, as the little, your mind will be racing with questions like, "Who is this fabulous big?!" You spend the entire week receiving mass amounts of attention and getting showered with presents. But as the big, you spend months crafting and preparing for the most stressful week of your spring or fall semester. Once you are officially revealed as big and little though, it is a very joyous occasion!

I am anxious to begin helping my little decorate and welcome my g-little into our family (or "pham" as we say in Alpha Phi). Although I have not spent much time with her yet, I am already in love with her and extremely excited to get to know her more!

I hope that everyone is as lucky as I am as they embark on their searches for a little, and for everyone who already found their perfect match, congrats! Have fun decorating and spoiling your little in the upcoming weeks. 

See how I decorated my little's room below ♥



Whether recruitment is in the Spring or Fall for your chapter, it’s never a bad time to show your sisters some loving. Learn some fun DIY big/little gift ideas!


1 comment:

  1. This is excellent! You write really well and clearly. You anticipate and speak to reader questions and objections. You offer useful links and images that support your writing. (Man, we should have this kind of thing for teachers!)

    I think your writing could be a bit stronger if you read aloud and hear some of the repetition and clunky sentences I saw. You write well, but the next step is to make the writing tighter and livelier.

    ReplyDelete